Friday 10 May 2013

On the mend from a cough

I really want to get back on it, I'm over the post marathon slump.  The only problem is that I have come down with a nasty, nasty cough and cold.  Today I am hung-over, but I want to run.  I have a route round Millwall Docks planned.

At the changing rooms I see Matt.  I tell him that one day we should do the Millwall Dock Route.  Most times he runs the same route.  He heads off.  I get changed and head out.  As I get a quarter way round and the route is shut.  I try and run round it but there is no way.  So I turn round and head the other way.  It's lovely and I am running well.  The marathon may not have gone well, but something about all the training has pushed me on.

Suddenly in the distance I see Matt heading towards me.  I guess he has hit the same road block.  I ask if he minds if we run together.  We head back together.  I love running, but I love running with company.  And we chat.  Given that I am coughy and hungover, the run and company feels really good.

We are soon back at the office.  I shower and then at my desk, the runner's high kicks in.  I'm revelling in my Marathon failure.   Next target, 3 Bridges Relay.

4km 24:03.

No comments:

Post a Comment