Sunday 5 May 2013

Beckenham Loop on the way back

I've been at a friends lazing in the sun all day, drinking wine and eating cake.  The kids are virtually asleep in the car on the way back so it is a case of putting them into bed.  I toy with getting some beer and vegging further, but the summer short race season beckons.

I put on a simple pair of shorts and a t-shirt and head out.  I decide to instigate a new route, the Beckenham loop.  Down to Beckenham Cinema then back round past Waitrose, past Westgate road before turning back towards my home.

The first part of the run uphill is hard and I am out of breath.  I have had a cold and badly smoked a cigar the other day.  I get some drunken comments from some idiots on the High Street which I ignore.   Then after I pass the cinema, I start to really enjoy the run.  My running form is still good, probably polished by all the marathon training miles.   By the end I am really loving it.

I know there is a sneaky half bottle of chilled wine back at home.  Really glad I went for the run.

5km 31:00

No comments:

Post a Comment