Wednesday 15 May 2013

Beckenham Relays 2013

It's the Beckenham Relays.  Simple concept: Teams of 3, 2.8 miles looped track.  I am running the 'B' leg.  I wait for my runner, touch hands and head off.  A little way in I realise I have not started my watch, so I start it.

I soon settle in with some similar paced runners.  I take a couple of them.  I end up in a battle with a female runner.  I edge past her on the hill and stay there.  On the turn in to Beckenham Place Park I see my mate Paul marshalling.    I have flash-backs to the dandelion run.

Across the park the female runner bears down on me.  I know if I can hold her to the final hill then I can take her on the hill.  She gets past me before the park ends though.

On the final hill, I gradually reel her in. She sighs as I pass her, and I know she is beaten.  I then focus on catching the next runner.  I am able to sprint past him to the finish.  A good strong finish.

I wish I had timed it, but last year I did 17:58. I think this year it was more like 17:30

Update: 17:27 confirmed

2.8km 17:27?

No comments:

Post a Comment