Friday 17 May 2013

Cat and Canary

I've been getting back on it after the marathon but I fancy the Cat and Canary today.  I resist the racing flats to give my legs a chance.  Unusually I race with music.  About a quarter of the way round I take two runners.  One then sits on my tail.  Round the lake in the park, then suddenly he disappears.  I don't see him again even at the finish.

I take some slower runners and then push on down the canal towards the finish.  Annoyingly my shoelace comes undone.  I have to stop to tie it.

Scott and another runner zip past put then remain in touching distance.  Towards the finish I take another runner.  Then at the finish a fast runner zips past.  But I'm not having it.  Out of nowhere, I pull it together and sprint.  The runner having zipped past me earlier thinks I'm a soft touch.  But I'm not.  I'm a 60m expert :)  I push and he is beaten.  He obviously ran a faster time than me, but on the handicap I won.  A small victory.

In the end the time is good. During the marathon training I had run a massive PB.  This time I was only 10 seconds off that.  I had stopped to do my shoelaces so not sure what effect that had.  I lost time, but obviously had a little rest.

It's very busy this summer stuff, lots of intervals and racing.

5miles 35:42

No comments:

Post a Comment