Saturday 5 November 2011

5 and O, baby

I've been thinking about my 50th park run for a while.  Should I use at a spur for a PB, should I do it barefoot, should I do it with a hangover (like so many have been)

I wake up at 8:48.  Oops, missed it.  Somehow I pull it out the bag and make it there for the start.  I am barefoot and hungover.

The dew on my feet makes it a little cold.  Up by the pavilion I lose my footing and go over.  No damage done.  I joke to the person next to me
"that's cost me at least 5 seconds"

3/4 of the way round I realise I badly need a #2.  I cross the line with a little bit of a sprint.  23:24.  And that sums it up.  For me now-days, a cruisy park run is best described as 23:24.



I have a quick drink afterwards, but I am anxious to get back to a bathroom with some toilet paper.

23:24 5km  50th Parkrun!


No comments:

Post a Comment