Friday 18 November 2011

Hare and Hounds Winner Again...

The works 5mile time trial down the river Thames.  I am feeling fit.  I have won the previous two (on a handicap basis) that I entered.  Last month I was preparing for Beachy Head Marathon.

I am fully race-kitted up.  I am focussed and run hard.  At the further point I recognise one of the other runners catching me up.  I keep thinking he is going to catch me.  But he never does, a quick glance behind me as I cross Blackfriars Bridge confirms this.

In the finish straight I am still not sure if I have passed everyone.  I see one guy in an orange shirt that I am convinced is in the race. I hammer past him, glancing to check that he was not sprinting.  At the finish I realise he was not in the race after all, and he is left slightly bemused.

At the finish I know I have given it my all.  I was first, and yet according to the spreadsheet it was not a PB.  A quick check of this blog, confirms to me that it was a PB by 3 seconds.  Given how deep I had dug, it makes me feel all the better.

5miles 8km 37:30 (PB) Winner, handicapped

No comments:

Post a Comment