Saturday 19 November 2011

Park Run in silly footware

Was maybe targeting a PB today.  I wake up Saturday morning with an air of beery-ness.  Oh well best soldier round Park Run.  The difference today is that I have my evoskins.  These are a fluro-blue silicon layer over my feet.  I'm not worried about glass, thorns, nails, hypodermic needles with aids, razor blades, more the freezing cold.

To be fair they feel good.  Better than the Vibrams  5 Fingers which I am still not sure about.   I cruise round.  Towards the end I here Chris from the club catch up with me with some comment about crazy footwear.  We have a chat, and then I let him go as he is pacing someone to a PB.


Running on the tarmac is easier, though still not perfect.  I try and run down the gravel path on the far side.  I slow down and people stream past me.  Halfway down I give up and revert to the grass.  Running on gravel is easier when your feet are warmer.  Even with the evoskins my feet are still a little chilly.

The footwear is better than shoes, not as good as barefoot.  I am also a little bit aware of slipping over.  My new cross-country shoes would not have this problem.

At the finish I am strangely alone. Maybe no one wants to run near me with such crazy footwear.  I do a mini sprint.




To be fair, the time was pretty good given the fact that I am beery and the amount of time I lost down the back-straight trying to run across gravel.

5km 23:40


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I enjoy reading your posts especially as I know some of the areas you mention. I just wondered which parkrun course is that?

    ReplyDelete