Wednesday 16 November 2011

Lewisham and mugging Gary Coleman

I had a late meeting in one of our other buildings so I cunningly stashed my running gear in the gym there.  I'm a little late, but I think the run home from Lewisham is on.

The blast-run to Cannon Street is done as fast as ever.  The train is delayed, but eventually I zoom away from Lewisham.  And it feel good.  I feel like I am properly running not shuffling as is sometimes the case.

As I run through Downham, I see two youths in front of me.  One quite short.  In my minds-eye he looks like Gary Coleman; in reality he was probably just short.  I can see his mobile phone glowing.  As I skip past him, he panics, assuming someone is coming to attack him.  I guess you are more on edge growing up in Downham.  I panic thinking he is going to stab me in self defence.  I zip off.

The rest of the run is done at a good lick.  I keep the pace up and work, but its not unpleasant.

I didn't really time the run but it was fairly quick.

8km 45:00

No comments:

Post a Comment