Tuesday 1 November 2011

Run to Canary Wharf


I had arranged to met Rob and Baldwin at 6:45 by Rob's house in Chislehurst for a run to Canary Wharf.  I was interested in Rob's route for whenwork moves there.  While Rob lives in Chislehurst and me in Shortlands it was easier to meet at his.   I packed my bag the night before and was already to go.

I wake up and can hear heavy rain.  I repack using my rucksack liner to ensure everything stays dry.  I then realise I can't find my wallet.  I eventually find it cosily tucked up in bed.  By now I am running late.

I have to push on quickly to get there on time (I hate being late).  In the end I make it there with a minute to spare.  Rob and Baldwin coming running along.  They are without backpacks having had the sense to take their stuff the day before.

The pace is fast and I am still recovering from the high speed run to the start.  Still the route is autum beauty with lots of off-road through Elmstead Woods.   Then the rain picks up.  We power on. 

It's great running in company and we have some fascinating conversations.

Soon we come to the foot tunnel and go down the stairs.  It's good to be out the rain.  On the otherside we work our way through the docks.  This is the most useful bit for me.  Eventually near the goal, I duck out to jump on the DLR.  I now have a feel for the route.

Greate fun running with others and a lovely run despite the rain.  I feel great the whole day

18km 1hr46

No comments:

Post a Comment