Thursday 17 November 2011

Westminster Loop Backwards

I bought my lunch on the way to work so I had the full 40 minutes to play with at Work.   I think about running the Westminster loop.  I am doing the Hare and Hounds tomorrow and running on the same route can get a bit much.  In the end I decide to do it "backwards" to the usual Hare and Hounds was.

 I run down across Blackfriars Bridge, along the Embankment.  On the South Bank there is a Christmas Market.  I recognise a number of the stalls from the one we went to in Hyde Park.  I then run across Westminster and head back.

It's a bit of a struggle, but I get on with it and get it done.  Heading back along the North Side of the river I spot attractive (obviously not as a attractive as my lovely wife) running behind.  She also looks pretty fast.  Then she disappears and never overtakes.  Then out of nowhere she overtakes me.  Then she turns round and heads back the other way.   Then at the next set of lights she overtakes me again.  I can't imagine what kind of session she was running

I didn't squeeze in a second run half way home tonight as I left my trainers in the wrong building, and well I feel tired so any excuse would do.

7km 40mins

No comments:

Post a Comment