Wednesday 9 November 2011

City to London Victoria

For a change I decide to run from work to London Victoria and get the train back from there.  Google maps tell me it is 3 miles on the dot.  I think I should be able to run 10 minute miles (factoring in the Street Running Effect, where you always run slower through the streets)  I am a little delayed getting aways and realise to meet my train I am going to have to push on.  So I do.

I power along, and then dart in and out of the crowds along Charing Cross.  I feel like I am flowing along. Along the mall I see another runner  also running home, and he drops me like a stone.  There's always someone faster than yourself.  I catch him up at the end of the mall as he gets stuck crossing the road at Buckingham Palace.  Makes you realise that it is easy to lose time running through the streets.

In the end I make it to Victoria with a couple of minutes to spare.  The train is busy and the heating on full blast, so I am careful not to drip sweat on anyone else.

3miles 4.8km 28 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment