Monday 6 August 2012

First day of the holiday run

I've been caning it a bit since my July detox came to an end. It is the first day of my holiday. The kids are excited and are into everything at the holiday camp.

Eventually, after dark I slip out. I run to the beach and down the promenade. I'm struggling in the wind.

A much older runner cruises by me. I say to him that I hope it is a headwind rather than a crosswind. He confirms it is and says it will be easier on the way back. I say that I know it will be as I have beer waiting for me.

After 20 minutes I run out of promenade and stuff. So I turn back and with the wind behind my sails I fly. The smell of the sea, the illuminations, the fishing boats. Lovely.

I've been doing some core work and I think it is starting to pay dividends.

Really enjoyable. I zip past the security guard into the camp.

With the kids, it was a struggle to get out but I'm so gladI did.

39:25 7km

No comments:

Post a Comment