Tuesday 21 August 2012

Unplanned run back from Lewisham

I think I can make the Hayes train at Lewisham and then consider getting off to run across the footpath marked on openstreetmap.org across Beckenham Place Park.  However when the DLR shows it is for Greenwich.  Lewisham is 4 mins later, and I am destined to miss the train.

I decide to man up and run back from Lewisham (given the limited alternatives for a powered commute home)  Soon I am feeling hungry and tired.  Quitting isn't an option so I keep going.  I get to Beckenham Place Park.  Using the map on my phone, I navigate the paths.  In the end the map isn't useful but I follow the Green Chain walk.  It's nice running in the woods.

I battle on and eventually the last km or so I feel fine and pickup speed.  Once I have stopped back at home I don't feel too bad at all.  Good to get two 5 mile runs in during the day.  This evening was a lot slower though....

8km 52:00

No comments:

Post a Comment