Monday 20 August 2012

Struggle to work

Bit of a struggle this morning.  I still have the sore throat.  It was a hot and humid night.  The achillies and ankle has also been playing up.

I pack my stuff up and head for Lewisham.  The initial run up my road is incredibly hard.  I start to feel better as I skip through the woods of Beckenham Place Park.  By the time I reach Lewisham high street I am relaxed and enjoying the run.  The programme of sit-ups I have been doing seem to be starting to pay dividends in terms of my form.

Eventually I make the DLR station but am pretty hot and sweaty.   I look forward to the shower at work.  But first I have to deal with the DLR delays caused by a broken set of points and broken down train.  I start to think I should have ran the whole way.

Glad I made the effort to run.  It feels like the run has helped with the ankle and achillies.  It would be interesting to know if it is running or cycling related.

8km 50:00

No comments:

Post a Comment