Sunday 16 September 2012

Bromley and Beckenham Long Run

Last weeks aborted long run hangs over me.  I need a long run but don't feel great.  But I can't wimp out twice in a row.  I originally planned a three hour run.  After chatting with Richard at the club and looking at the schedule to the Beachy Head Marathon that may be a bit premature.

I run up to Bromley, through the High Street, round to Beckenham.  After around one hour I stop and turn back.  It's funny because it is prime-time pub time on a Saturday and I'm out running.  I was expecting a bit more abuse but I think most people are a bit dumb-struck that someone is out running on Saturday night.  It would seems that a Marathon Session on a Saturday night for me these days means a two-hour run.

I am struggling.  I think I have a cold and I can still feel Wednesday's exertions.  I run within a 400m of the house a couple of timed not tempted to quit.  More of a mental than a physical work out.

The average pace just creeps under 7:00/km which even for a Long Slow Run is pretty glacial.  I had stopped after 55:00 expecting the return leg to be slower but when I get back it is almost even splits.

This is the kind of run I am just glad to get in the bag.

16:00km 1:51:00

No comments:

Post a Comment