Tuesday 18 September 2012

Up a group at the club

I hadn't run today or yesterday so was feeling fresh.  I decide to move up a group at the club.
We set of at a fast pace.  We are meant to be running 8:30 minute miles but it is not.  A couple of people drop off the group and go their own way.

I sit at the front holding on.  We run up a long, big, big hill but I manage to hold on.  Then the pace go crazy (7:36/mile according to the Garmin)  I start to drop slightly.  Someone drops off the back.  The group leader isn't even aware who is in his group and is too busy chatting to care.

I decide to drop back and run back with them.  I can only see the pace going even faster at the front.  Me and the other runner find our way back.  I certainly don't know the area well and fortunately the other runner does.

It's a good workout though.  It would be good to be able to move up a group but it's hard to do when they don't run at the pace they say they will and leave runners to get stranded.

11.68km 1:01:01

No comments:

Post a Comment