Tuesday 25 September 2012

Happier Club Times

I was intending to go back and run with the same group as last week.  When I get there it is announced they will be running 8 minute miles.  So roughly translating this will be 7:30 minute/miles with a few bursts at at 7:00 and s*d you, if you have to drop off for some reason

I decide to go with Pete's group instead.  And what a good decision with a good social group.  During the run a few people drop but the group works together and they are catered for.

I start off fine but in the middle start to struggle.  Not quite sure why.  I have still some chest wheezie-ness but it shouldn't be impacting me to much.

Pete says that once we reach the church we can run at our own pace.  I think most of the group will zip away and I can cruise home.  Strangely as we get nearer the church I start to reign people in.  While my "engine" doesn't seem as strong as it should, I feel nimble and my running technical ability is tip-top.  I drop some people and catch-up on others by navigating some street furniture a lot smoother than them.

I really push myself into the finish.  It looks like rather than struggling, I may have just paced myself nicely.

10.5km 56:15


No comments:

Post a Comment