Saturday 22 September 2012

Long slooooowwwww run

I need to start building my long run up for Beach Head Marathon.  Last week I did 1:50 so tonight I target 2:30.  I head of towards Crystal Palace.  I don't fancy it and dawdle.

The run up through Elmers End to Crystal Palace gets pretty steep.  I trundle up it like a mountain goat.  I was going to run 1:15 out and then come back the same way.  At the top I decide to loop back via Penge and Beckenham.  Which I do, just very slowly.

Despite the slow pace I am still struggling.  In the end it is 10 minute less than last week and a lot slower. Good to get a long run in, but I think I need to put it down to another off day.  It was good to run over such a big hill as Crystal Palace though as I'll need the hill practice.

13.9km 1:42:09



No comments:

Post a Comment