Thursday 20 September 2012

Run home PB

I've been thinking about running home.  When I did the equivalent distance with Rob on the way to work we managed it under 1:15.  This is what I target tonight.

I start off fast, zipping in and out.  Then somewhere on the way to Lewisham reality kicks in and it hurts.  It hurts most of the way back.  I keep pushing though.

As I reach the top of Shortlands High Street I'm surprised to see that the 1:15 is still on.  This motivates me and I push on.  I then realise that the 1:12 may be on.  So the last half a mile I really push.

With about 200m to go I realise I will do it.  I am exhausted, out of breath and very sweaty.  This is probably quicker than the train home.  Couldn't run it at this pace very often though!

It was around 8 minute miles which is my target marathon pace (Brighton, not Beachy Head!)  Though the route home is a lot hillier and I got caught at lots of roads and traffic lights.

14.4km 1:11:50

No comments:

Post a Comment