Tuesday 4 September 2012

Out with the Club

A bit like Mo Farah I did the 5,000 and 10,000m double today.  In fact I am wearing my Mo Farah Team GB running vest.

I have a backpack on test that I need to pass to Liz.  She was going to be at the running club tonight.  I hammer home on the bike, dunk the kids in the bath and into bed.  It looks like I am going to be able to run tonight

I turn up an see Liz but not with enough time to give her the backpack.  I listen to the groups.  On my day I could run with Ian's faster group.  I could move down to a slower group given that I have already run and biked today.  In the end I go with Pete's group which is meant to be around 8:30min per mile.

It's a lovely evening and we go along steadily through Bickley and into Chislehurst.  We then come to old hill.  The faster half of the group hammer up the hill, they speed off but they seem to blow before the top and I reel them in but don't ever come close to catching them.

On the run back down to Petts Wood the group splits. I am at the back chatting.  I then decide to bridge the gap.  With a little effort I do this.  At this point we are nearing the out of action bridge.  The people at the front lead by Jenny really picks up the pace.  I don't have it in me to go with them so I become a group of one.  Before the return to Willet Rec I have narrowed the gap on Jenny perhaps by running a more even pace.

Despite it being a humid night, it is wonderful to be running in a group.

10km 54:00

No comments:

Post a Comment