Wednesday 12 September 2012

IAA 10km

I haven't run a 10km for a couple of years.  I quite like the distance.  I ran a lot more of them during my early running career.

This is a lap of Battersea Park, an extended lap over Chelsea Bridge back over Albert Bridge.  A lap of the park and then a final lap.

I start off easy and everyone speeds off.  After a lap I have fallen into a group of people with a few lady runners.  I follow them over Chelsea Bridge.  Down the Chelsea Embankment it is windy.  I notice that the tide is particularly low.  Over Albert Bridge the surface is kind and springy.  We go back into the park.  I gradually get into my groove.

I pick of the lady runners and soon I am on my last lap.  I dig deep and push hard.  I know the finish is near and I am flying along.   I am being driven by the noisy wheezer behind me.  Finally the finish arrives and I put in a sprint.  The finish comes to soon and probably I could have sprinted earlier.

At the finish I sit down.  The St. Johns ambulance people feel like spare parts and force water on people.  I take the time to look at the watch.  It's a PB but I felt I had run faster.

10km 46:29

No comments:

Post a Comment