Saturday 1 September 2012

Saturday Night Biggin Hill Run

The Beachy Head Marathon is looming.  I need to get some longer runs in.  Returning from holiday today, I decide to try and fit a late long run in.   I head for Biggin Hill.

The first third of the run is good.  It is a long slog uphill to Biggin Hill.  I used to ride this route a lot by bike and could do the return leg twice as fast.  I have my light with me I run along the main road where there is street lighting.

As I get to Leaves Green I start to feel it more.  The pace slows.  Still the downhill return leg should be easier.  But it isn't.  I have to really push myself.  In some ways it is the aches and pains of the body that is worse than the effort.  I keep going as I don't really have a choice.

The run up Pickhurst Lane is particularly unpleasant.  Eventually home is in sight and I relax.

The time should really be a negative split but I am 2 minutes slower on the return leg.

This has brought it home to me that I need to get some long miles in before Beachy Head.  Let's hope the Achilles is fine tomorrow.

22.5km 2:32:05.

No comments:

Post a Comment