Monday 5 September 2011

Half run from work


At the end of the work day I zip to Cannon Street.  I then get the train to Lewisham.  I was not planning to listen to music as I didn't fancy being mugged for my phone.  But I can see it is raining heavily.  I had left the waterproof rucksack liner at home so I tuck my phone well away in the bag.

Just by Lewisham Hospital the rain really comes down, but I keep going.  By the end the rain has gone.  Just round from my house there is a basketful of free Bramley Apples provided by a kindly gardener.  I grab a couple so my wife can make me an apple crumble another day.

I can't decide whether this route is a tad too long, and whether I would do better going City Thameslink -> Catford and running from there.  I do like the change of going from Cannon Street though.   Also the liquidity of trains to Lewisham is greater.

Should also Garmin this route to get the length.

8km 51 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment