Tuesday 13 September 2011

Run halfway home from Catford not Lewisham

Tonight I decide to run from Catford.  It is a shorter route than from Lewisham, but a longer train journey.  When I move to Canary Wharf I will run to Lewisham and back every day and get the DLR (15 minutes).  But until then I can play with my route.  The run from Lewisham has been taking my 50 minutes which is a little long.

I had a route planned which would be pretty direct.  I have added unnecessary minutes to my journey by avoiding the direct route. I had planned to enter Beckenham Place Park by a "Dark friendly route" i.e. one I could run in Winter (It's still light in the evenings, but I'm planning ahead)   The problem is that I need a wee-wee.  So I head directly into the park and find a bush.  Ahhhhh.   I then run directly across the park (probably a bit dodgy if it was dark)   The slog up the hill in Railway Fields isn't so tough today.

I get back home a quicker than from Lewisham.  Running direct has helped.  There are lots of trains go to Lewisham, only the Hayes ones go to Catford.  The Hayes trains are not particularly regular.  I'm not sure what my strategy is going to be ongoing,

6km 35 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment