Tuesday 13 September 2011

Intervals

I had to be in early at work, so I couldn't run half way to work.  However I was on for a lunch time run.  My lunch was delayed and I could see the rain was coming.  Thinking about my lack of recent speed, I decide to do some intervals.  I had previously ear-marked the Barbican Highwalks for some intervals as it is was away from the road fumes.   I had also identified it as a possible route for rainy days as it is under cover and as I leave it is raining.

I find the fantastically named "Speed HighWalk".  I decide to do one minute on, with one minute recovery.  There is not enough "walk" to run in a straight line, so I have to run round the corner.

I do 10 intervals, and whilst hard work it is strangely satisfying.  A contrast to the miles I have been grinding out recently.  At the end I feel like I have a good work out.

I can't really measure the distance run or pace.  I need to do more of these training sessions, and realise at the end of the year I can't have a magical golden figure of miles run totted up from this blog.

30mins 10 intervals, 1 minute on - 1 minute recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment