Thursday 14 March 2013

Are you lonesome tonight intervals?

I turn up at the track and Jenny is leaving having already done her session.  Rob and Rob do not show.  I line up with Karen's group but my pace is faster.  We do 1km and then jog 400m.  We then set off for what I think is in 1km.  I am running by myself.  I finish and slow to a jog.  Everyone else streams past.  It should have been 2km....whoops.

It's fine I run 2km on the next interval though all alone. It is hard though.  I take the 400m jog recovery very easy.

For the final  1km, Johnny takes pity on me and encourages me to run with him and Pete.  They run ahead of me and I focus on a steady even pace.  I run the first 200m in 50seconds and then two 400m both 1:40 on the dot.  Then we are done.

The 2km was particularly tough and I ran the first km interval way to fast.  Still it was a good session with a good burn.

1km, 1km, 2km, 1km with 400m jog recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment