Friday 22 March 2013

Back on track with a gentle roll down from Crystal Palace

I was explaining my ankle woes to Paul at work.  His no-nonsense suggestion was go and see someone.  So I do.  The physio concludes no serious damage.  She looks at my schedule, says not to do the track session tonight, swap the hill session tonight for a normal run and should be good for 22 miles on Sunday.  She sticks  some pins in me, straps me up and off I go.

I decide a nice 4 or 5 mile run would be good.  After being at Crystal Palace with the kids at the weekend I decide to go that way.  I have to wait a while for the right train.  Once it arrives, bang I am off.  All enthusiasm.  I run down past the park.  It is still light and may still be open.  I see it closes at 6:00pm.  I look at my watch....5:59pm so I leave it for tonight.

Running back from Crystal Palace is mostly downhill.  But there is a strong opposing wind.  Towards the end   I start to feel it but keep going.  The ankle is a little bit sore, but more than usual?  I don't know.  You become aware of these things more.  I am fairly sure I am not doing it serious harm and should be good for the final push for the marathon.

Now I just need to schedule my weekend runs around the terrible weather.

The funny thing is that as I run the numbers as I write this, my pace was exactly 8mins a mile.  My target marathon pace..

6.2km 31:08

No comments:

Post a Comment