Thursday 28 March 2013

Intervals with only two there

Lots of people are doing a Good Friday long run.  Therefore the interval session this week was on Tuesday. I couldn't make Tuesday, so I go tonight.  I post to see if anyone else is interested but in the end only Dan shows.

The session is 10 x 400.  Dan wants to run 800s.  According to the plan I should be running 1:35 for 400m. I do 1:31, 1:34.  It's hard and surely too fast.  I run 1:39.  Dan assures me that I should be running 1:35.  I go on and run the rest of a session under 1:35.

Now on the track it is only me and Dan.  Half the lights are switched off as I come into my final lap.  Dan has finished his 800m reps by now.  He says
"Make it a good one"
I absolutely beast it around in 1:21.

Good to get the session done.  Dan and me both focussed on our sub 3:30 marathon.

10x400m with 400m jog recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment