Thursday 7 March 2013

Up and at them intervals

It's a tough club interval session tonight.  It's not to cold but with an eerie mist hanging in the air.  It's not wet though.

The session is 6 x1200m with 2min and 4 min rests.  Some people you can see are intimidated.  Best thing to do is to get on with them.  Which I do.  Each one we finish, I time the rest and line up ready to go.

We are targeting around 1:42 a lap.  I do some 1:40,141,141s.  Pretty good.  The final interval I do 1:39, 1:36, 134ish.

We stretch and job done.  I like the interval sessions.  You turn up, follow the instructions and just do it  You  can use the group to manage your pace.  It's precise and easy to see if you are doing it 'right'.  Tonight it did it right and it felt great.

6x1200m with alternating 2 min and 4 min recovery.


No comments:

Post a Comment