Wednesday 27 March 2013

Run back via Blackheath

 I was going to run home via Lewisham.  As I get to the Greenwich Foot Tunnel, I see a familiar gait.  It looks like Martin.  I don't know if I will be able to catch him.  At the far end of the tunnel he stops for the lift and I catch up.

We run together up the steep hill next to Greenwich Park and down through Blackheath.  I always think that running with someone else is better.  At Lee where you reach the South Circular we go our separate ways.

Seeing someone has lifted my spirits and I keep the pace high.  I get to Grove Park Station and then it is just on of my favourite all time runs back home.  This I do in around 23:30.  The quickest I have ever done this as a stand alone run? 23:29.

Strangely the ankle feels better for the running.  Maybe last weeks ankle worries have been a good thing.  I backed off the training a bit which has allowed me to recover for that final push.

9 Miles 1:13:31


No comments:

Post a Comment