Sunday 10 March 2013

It's hilly out east but there memories lie

I have to run 21 miles this Saturday night before the snow comes.  I decide to head east for a change.  In fact I head for the area where I used to live up to about the age of 7.

There's a few hills to navigate on the way.  I run past my old house and to where I used buy my sweets as a kid.  I'm still not half way and so go and run past my infant and initial junior school.   I then stop at a Tesco to buy some fizzy pop and some wine gums.

I am now at halfway and head back.  I wouldn't say it was easy but I am not flogging my self.  My pace sits round a steady average of 9:00min / mile.  Given the hills on the route that isn't too bad.

I calculate that I am going to be about 1/2 a mile short so I run a half lap of Shortlands Park.  As is the tradition now, I push myself up the hill and the watch satisfyingly ticks over 21 miles.

I still don't understand how on race day I will run 8:00min miles but I know I will.

21miles 3:10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment