Monday 11 March 2013

Freezing Cold 5km

Yesterday was a rest day.  It's is freezing cold today.  -7 with windchill apparently.  I don't get out during the day.  Tonight, once the kids are in bed I venture out.  I was going to run to Hayes and back (10km) but it is too cold.  Instead I decide a fast and furious 5km would be better.

I start off fast.  The ankle hurts.  It is so cold though I don't want to hang around.  I blast down the hight street and turn back at 2.5km and the cinema.

On the way back I realise some of the pace on the way out can be attributed to the tail wind.  I still keep pushing on.  It hurts but I want to get home.  The ankle still hurts.

Soon I am up the last hill, with the final downhill home.  Brrrr cold.  Fast enough for a non-race 5km.

5km 24:43

No comments:

Post a Comment