Tuesday 8 May 2012

Bad day into fun muddy run

I've had a bad day at work.  Starting off having to be there at 7:00am is not good.  At lunch I get in the lift, go to the canteen, get and sandwich before returning to my desk for more worl.

Despite all this, I get no where near doing what I need to get done.  I am determined to leave at 5:00pm, come what may.  I finally escape at 5:15pm and get the DLR to Lewisham where I plan to run back from.

I run down the main Catford High Street, but it is a slow shuffling tortuous affair.  I eventually get to Beckenham Place Park.  I get to the bank which I usually run up to get on to the railway bridge.  Today I slip and slide on the mud and am defeated.  I go a few metres to the side and there is a set of stairs that I did not know about.

Through the woods it is muddy and slippery.  It's great fun and it takes my mind of the weariness.  I nearly slip over but keep my balance.  With the rain and the spring the smell is amazing of lush undergrowth.

I force myself up the hill in Railway Fields with sheer determination and then continue my shuffle back to my house.

8km 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment