Sunday 27 May 2012

Park Jog

It's a hot sunny day, and unexpectedly I am free for Park Run.  Even better news is that the knee is better.  A couple of days rest and it was all fine.  Even managed to cycle to work yesterday.

I get up at the last minute and skip a coffee.   Maybe that explains why I am finding the run so hard.  At the start everyone had streaked off as usual but now I was struggling to reel them in.  I had decided to take it easy, but soon the 24 minute pacers goes past.  A little way from the finish I hear the 25 minute pacer catching me up.  He runs past and tries to encourage me.  I say that I can't be bothered.

In the finishing straight I get passed by another runner I decide that I don't want to be beaten by them so I flat out sprint the last straight at full race sprint including dispatching the 25 minute pacer.

Not sure why today was so slow, I could blame the heat but I don't think that was the case.   I could blame the 3 days off with the gammy knee, but that's probably not the reason.  I have noticed some weight creeping back on so I need to sort my diet out.  This is unlikely to explain this one off poor performance.  I'll put it down to feeling a little run down and will ensure that normal service will be resumed.

5km 24:38

No comments:

Post a Comment