Thursday 17 May 2012

Lunchtime with a new group

I had got wind of an intervals group in Canary Wharf.  I turn up and getting chatting.  It turns out that today they are running a time trial of with 2.5km or 5k.  I would certainly be running 5km.   A bit later Paul, who I know from the work running club turns up.

The standard is mixed and we start of with a warm up.  Then the race starts.  I sit middle of the pack after a while I start to worry about the time.  I also feel tired.  I decide to wimp out and only do 2.5km.  This means that I can push on harder.

I narrowly avoid being lapped and make it back in 10 minutes on the dot.  To be honest I wasn't in the mood for a time trial and was more interested in some mindless intervals.  I'd be interested to see how long the interval takes.  It was a good bunch of people and if it fits into under the lunch hour then this could be a useful session.

2.5km 10:00

No comments:

Post a Comment