Saturday 19 May 2012

Run back from Canary Wharf via Greenwich

I decided to treat myself and run home from work after a particular hard work week.  I decide to run via Greenwich Park.  I run across the Isle of Dogs, under the foot tunnel.  I navigate the one way system.  It's a big, steady hill up to the observatory.  I then run across Blackheath.  I stop and get the map out as this was the bit I was not sure about.  I find my way and past Blackheath Station.

I'm listening to a fascinating podcast about physiology.  Apparently it's good to hurt.  This is your body adapting and getting stronger.  Recovery things (Ice Baths, anti-inflammatory rtc.) , prevent this adaptation.  Interesting.

After lots of rolling hills, I am at Grove Park.  I know my way back from here.  I'm now in my groove and motor on.  I'm not sure of the exact timing but I probably ran it faster than I would usually.

A fantastic run.  I'd be interested know how quick it would be on the way to work which would be far more downhill.

14.5km 1:22

No comments:

Post a Comment