Monday 28 May 2012

East Side of the Isle of Dogs

Not sure how I wangled this run at lunchtime but I did.  I nearly ran on separate run with at least 3 of my colleagues.  But in the end it is only me who sneaks out.

After my disappointing riverside run with Steve last week, today I decided to investigate the east side of the Isle Of Dogs. Open Street Map which shows footpaths looked promising.

I run through the outside bar areas of the Wharf.  After 8 minutes I reach the riverside path.  Apart from the Imposing Dome, it's all a bit industrial.  It is 28c according to the lift at work.  I'm in the aquas and skipping along.  It's mainly residential and some of the locals are out sun bathing.  They stare at the idiot running.  After 15 minutes I turn and head back.  I imagine the river in its heyday with boats heading up and down to the docks.

Considering I cycled to work and am cycling back tonight the run was good.

Finally back at the office I disappear into a pool of sweat.

5km 27:43

No comments:

Post a Comment