Saturday 19 May 2012

Barefoot Park Run

We have some guests who have been staying with us, leaving today.  I do have time to get a quick Park Run in before we say goodbye.  After yesterday I am a little sore (good, adapting!) so I decide to do it Barefoot.

I don't really push too hard.  It's going well until 3/4 of the way round I get overtaken by the 23 minute pacemaker.  I'm pretty sure I am running faster than 23 minute pace.  He drops away and then holds on.  I know he is a strong runner and suspect he is not running a good pace.  When strong runners pace they run an even pace across the whole course.  Someone struggling to break 23 minutes, will run the downhill bits faster and the uphill bits slower but average out at 23 minutes.

In the finishing straight I see Laura from my running club is about to pass me.  I decide to not let her beat me so push on.  She doesn't look interested in fighting it out but it's enough for me to push on a little at the end.

In the end an enjoyable run.  Considering the run yesterday the time was not too bad.

5km 22:35

No comments:

Post a Comment