Saturday 5 May 2012

First Park Run for a while

I didn't know how I would run at Park Run today.  One thing was for sure, I was going to get wet.  It is peeing down as I head for the start.  Despite the rain, it is not to muddy because of the drought.

I start off well and feel good.  I've been doing a little strength training, and so feel I am holding myself better.  This I maintain until suddenly the 22 minute pacer comes sailing past.  I am convinced I am way ahead of this pace and I am outraged.  How dare he run it so fast?  After this my morale dies and I struggle home.

I have a battle with a female runner down the Norman Park Straight.  Towards the finish I am able to put together a sprint and drop her.  I cross the line and jab the watch.  22:35.  Given how well the first 3/4 went I am disappointed.

Once the run is over and I have a chat with some people from the club, I start to feel better.  By mid-morning I feel terrific for the run.

5km 22:35.

No comments:

Post a Comment