Tuesday 7 February 2012

Bit of a session

I now know I need to run harder.  That is what will get me faster.  A quick pootle at lunchtime is all well and good but it does not get you anywhere.  A lunchtime is perfect for a quick set of proper intervals.  The 1 minute efforts at Barbican Speedwalk are good but not enough.  I think more like 3 minutes of effort is what is required.  The problem is where to run them?  In the City there is not long stretches of unbroken path.  The Lockett's Rockets canal is too far away.

Today I decide to try and run down the Embankment. Trouble is by the time I get there I am already pushed for time.  I decide to reduce the recovery to 1.5 minutes but still run 3 minute efforts but four times.  I wanted to run 5 but that would have left me at the "far end", and as I said I was pushed for time.

The session is good.  I feel my heart booming in my chest.  The good thing with these hard efforts is that the runners high is that much sweeter.

The Embankment is too far.  I have an idea that they may be a possible route on London Wall which may be suitable.  Maybe I will go and take a look.

4x3minute efforts with 1.5minute recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment