Saturday 11 February 2012

The coldest park run

It is freezing cold, perhaps -5c.  There is no way I could do a long 2.5 hour run ending up with a Park Run.  Instead I decide to just do the Park Run.  My fitness is good so the time should be half decent.  I expected the ground to be frozen, but on my way round I realise that there was still some large areas of Norman Park with snow.   Running across this is tricky as it is slippery.  I still give it a good go.

I catch up and pass and in turn passed by Rob  a number of times before he finally pushes off in the final 0.5km.   I pick up pace towards the finish.  In the finishing funnel someone pushes in front of me and tries to take my place token.  Me and the marshal soon set him straight.

When I have just finished a run I am a poor judge of how good it was.  I often castigate myself unfairly.  Today is like that.  In the end the time is my 5th fastest ever in tricky conditions.  And I'm not right healthwise.  I feel tired.  I don't think it is the training either.

Still need to start getting some decent long runs in though.

5km 22:26

No comments:

Post a Comment