Saturday 25 February 2012

Stressed

I am a bit busy at work.  I am even having to do work at home around the time with the kids.  I had yesterday off running as I was so busy.  So today I decide to cane Park Run.

I bring the Garmin in an attempt to even pace the run.  I get there, switch it on and straight away "Low Battery" probably from last week's 3 hour run.  I see how far it will get me.

I start off well and hold the pace.  Though the pace zips all over the place.  I think the pace measurement is more effective over a longer run rather than a quick blast 5km.  Though it prevents me running too fast at the start.

Then half way round I fade.  Fatigue sets in and the old leaden legs start to grumble.  I noticeably lose speed but I keep pushing on.   Then the Garmin dies.  Then I decide to just run home as fast without really suffering. Some really negative thoughts about my running go through my head.  Thinking about the stress at work slows me down further.

I like to know my time without relying on the email but the Garmin is dead.  Towards the finish I spot a guy with a watch, I decide to try and keep with him so I can grab his time.  I don't completely catch him buy I am close enough to work it out.

In the end not too bad with my 5th fastest time ever.  There was definitely fatigue there.  Maybe it is 2 day thing  from the reps on Thursday or maybe I am just run down or have a virus like the kids.

I know I always says it, but once the marathon is out of the way I really want to concentrate on getting my park run time down.

5km 22:10

No comments:

Post a Comment