Tuesday 28 February 2012

Smashed it

I was planning to run home from work.  Then someone sets up a meeting at 5:30pm.  This then rules out the run from Lewisham, still Grove Park may be on.  The meeting overruns and it's not on any more.  I have to run the 1km to the train which is enjoyable but not much training.

I decide to try and run tonight.  When I get home my dinner is waiting so I can quickly eat before getting the kids to bed.  Then at 9:00pm I go for a run.  I decide to head towards Petts Wood.  I start off fast and somehow to maintain the pace.

Usually I struggle to push myself in training, but today I push hard.  I don't quite make Petts Wood but after half an hour I turn and head for home.  I left my Evo Barefoots at work by mistake so I am in the Asics Piranhas.  I was planning to to wear the Piranhas for the Marathon, like I did last year.  At Park Run at the weekend I thought they hurt my ankle so had semi-decided to wear the Evos.  Today the ankle was fine but not sure if they take it out of my legs.  Last years marathon I had really ached.

About 3/4 of the way in I get like a stitch.  Not sure if it was muscle ache or a stitch.  It soon goes away after I finish the run.

The next month is the critical month for the Marathon training.  If I do it well then I can be in top shape.  Today was a great start ahead of the crucial month.

11km 58:50

1 comment:

  1. those meetings make me mad! good job for getting out still though!

    ReplyDelete