Saturday 4 February 2012

Not the Moonlight Challenge

In the end I decided against the Moonlight Challenge.  Running in snow was fine, but I couldn't risk getting stuck down in the middle of Kent in the car overnight.

I feel guilty as this was meant to be my long run.  I decide to go for a run out in the early stages of the snow.  There is perhaps a cm on the ground.  This though has a strange effect on me.  The lower part of my calves start to really ache.  I think it is a combination of the slippiness of the snow and the cushioning effect.  I guess it is like running on the beach.  Where I can I try to run on the road and this alleviates it.

I still feel sluggish and struggle.  I think I may be sick with something as the kids are not too great at the moment.

I run up to Hayes and turn round and head back the way I came.  I was going to get up early and run tomorrow in the snow, but I have too much to do!

9.2km 57"35

No comments:

Post a Comment