Saturday 18 February 2012

Ins the skins

Park Run and I decide to wear the evo-skins.  These are a thin silicon glove round the foot.  On the way round someone asks me what they were.  I explained, and said they were about 30% as good as barefoot but 100000% better than running shoes.  I also added the ground was too cold for total barefoot.

The run was a windy affair.  However running in the evo-skins is a joy.  It's slippery in places and I have to concentrate.  Just after the first lap, Rob sales past me but then sits 100m in front of me where he remains until the finishing straight where he builds the gap far more.

In the end the time in the mid 22s is pretty pleasing for not an all out race effort and the 7th fastest Park Run.  The position 81st out of 280 is a little more disappointing.

5km 22:35

No comments:

Post a Comment