Saturday 16 February 2013

19 Mile Saturday Night on the A205

I "liked" doing my long run on the Saturday night last week.  It means when I get back I can go to bed for a bit of a recovery.  If I get up early and do the run then I have to go straight into my day.  So I decide to repeat the trick this week.

I decide to run the South Circular (A205) again and see if  19 miles was enough to make it to Clapham and back.  The pace was pretty similar to last week but perhaps a little faster.  My previous marathon attempts I had not run the long runs as fast I have so far.  I have been reading about how you should do a long run and then try and do the last 4 or 5 miles at race pace.  I really don't know if I can get up to race pace on a training run.

On the way back around Forest Hill, there was a sudden dramatic drop off in pace which could perhaps be explained by the Garmin playing games.  By the time I was through Forest Hill I (or the Garmin) was back on track

Towards the end I really have to push myself.  My lungs are fine but the legs are becoming disagreeable.  Possibly due to the race yesterday.  Still tomorrow is a rest day and I can do my Monday run in the evening to stretch out the recovery process.

For a laugh I also weigh myself, knowing I will have lost a lot of fluid.  75.5kg which is the lightest I have ever been in adult history.

19 miles (30.4km) 2:47:32

No comments:

Post a Comment