Monday 25 February 2013

An hour out and back at the half way point

I'm half way through the training.  Something the Karen said at Park Run kind of hit home.  I need to make sure that I don't peak to early.  I was going to run 20 miles this week, but I think maybe a little easing off before another big push towards the taper.

After the 5km PB on Saturday I celebrate Saturday night with some wine and a few beers with my wife for her birthday.  I soon decide to have Sunday off.  This means Monday night I need to do a long run.

I decide to do an hour out and an hour back at any pace.   I head out through West Wickham and into Shirley.  The pace is terrible but the effort high.  This does not feel good and the confidence sags away.

At the far end of Shirley I run out of Road.  I turn left up towards the Windmill and the steep hill.  I only have 10 minutes left of the hour.  Before long I am nearing the top of the hill.  It's not until I run down the hill that I realise how far I have gone.

Then gradually on the way back I pick up the pace.  Down Shortlands road I am flying.  Best not to read too much into this run.  I've reached the half way point.  I've had a bit of a break now to crack on and make it happen.

19.2km 2:03:00

No comments:

Post a Comment