Tuesday 12 February 2013

Tempo Run To Facilitate Pancakes

I have a release at work tonight but I want to get home for pancakes with kids.  Usually I would run my tempo run with Paul home tonight.  Instead I decide to go at lunchtime.  As it is a tempo run I decide that a loop around the Greenwich Observatory could be in order.

I forget my gloves and it is 2 Celsius and sleeting.  I tuck my hands in my jacket.  I then go ahead and beast it.  Until I get to the Hill up to the Observatory.  Which is a slog.  I look at the men mending the road.  At the top I re-engage beast mode.

I cross the bridge across Millwall Docks and turn the corner.  Smack bang into another run also running at high speed.  To both our surprise we are both fine and head off.

At the finish I can feel the burn.  A good tempo run.  I always hold off doing the Greenwich run as I struggle to fit it into a lunchtime.  When run at this pace it isn't such a struggle.

8.2km 41:54

No comments:

Post a Comment