Sunday 3 February 2013

Early Sunday Morning Long Run Running Laps

I get up a 6:30.  I head down to Shortland's Park (As I shall call it)  And I run laps.  I've done this previously.  It's good because it is flat.  It also forces you to run a steady pace (no hills)

At the start it is dark.  After 45 minutes I am struggling.  I do various things to distract my self.  I switch direction, I stop for a drink, have a banana, have some sweets.  Each time I get back onto pace.

Unnoticeable to me, the sun comes up and it is light.  I'm surprised as I feel like I am slowing as tiredness kicks in but I'm not.  I run a steady 9.5 minute mile pace.  This is good as it is faster than my previous marathon's long runs but I can't imagine stepping up the pace but come marathon day I will.

Eventualy I realise that there are only a couple of miles to go.  I bang them out and head home for coffee and two bacon sandwiches.

27.4km (17.1 miles) 2:40:42 (5:51/km 9:25/mile)

No comments:

Post a Comment