Wednesday 6 February 2013

An embarrassing bonk, soon resolved

As agreed yesterday I meet Paul at work for the run home.  We decide to run along the A21 with him peeling off at some point.

I start off fine.  Paul looks sharper today at is back pushing the pace on.  This is good as it pushes me on.  It's nice in the foot tunnel as it is out the wind.

Suddenly around Catford, I feel hungry and can feel the bonk coming on.  I don't want to stop as I sense Paul is in a hurry.  In the end I have to say that I need to stop.  I shoot into the newsagents and get a drink and some winegums.  I neck them and am soon back in business.

At Beckenham Hill Paul peels off.  I suspect the pace is going to slow.  But somehow it doesn't.  Not sure where it has come from but I really feel my arm action has improved.  This seems to power me along.  And I start to motor, even powering up the final hill to home.

1:13:58 13.6km (8.5 miles)

1 comment:

  1. Not embarrassing at all Andy, it happens to the best of us. I just carry a packet of sweeties/gel with me and sneak it in when my running buddy is not looking...

    ReplyDelete